1-1/2 Cups Cooked or 1 Can Drained Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) -- reserve liquid.
1/4 Cup Sesame Tahini
Juice of 1/2 Lemon (plus some pulp if desired)
1 Clove Garlic -- put through garlic tress
1 Tablespoon Tamari or Braggs Liquid Aminos
Dash of Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
Blend all ingredients until smooth. (Food processor works great!)
Chill and enjoy!!!
- Choose organic ingredients if possible.
- Add water or some reserved bean liquid if thinner consistency is desired.
- Add plain organic yogurt if creamier consistency is desired.
- Put a scoop of hummus on top of your mixed greens salad for a healthy, satisfying, delicious meal!
- I usually double the recipe so it lasts a little longer!