- 10 hours of sleep for children; 9 for teens; 8 for adults
- Plan meals to incorporate 6 to 9 vegetables a day – organic if possible -- (tuck them into soups, spaghetti sauce, chili, casseroles & salads) like celery, broccoli, zucchini, green beans, carrots.
- For quick meals on the run, use French Vanilla or Bavarian Cocoa Meal Shakes or Shaklee 180 Smoothees and Bars.
- Avoid GMO’s, SUGAR, ASPARTAME & baked goods – I know this can be challenging – but they seriously compromise the immune system, especially the brain. Sugar and white flour are called anti nutrients because they deplete B vitamins & other essential nutrients.
- Maintain indoor humidity between 30 – 50% and add a few drops of Basic G when refilling humidifier to prevent bacteria & mildew.
- Reduce your child's (and your) exposure to household toxins by choosing effective, economical, earth-friendly Get Clean cleaning and laundry products. Encourage your schools, churches, day care centers, etc., to use them too!)
- Choose pure, safe, effective nutritional supplements. See below for suggestions.
Add the following:
Vita-C Chewable-(or Sustained Release Vita-C, as soon as they can swallow) – essential for a healthy immune system. Take extra at onset of a cold or virus.
Optiflora- Essential for any child who has ever been on an antibiotic. Restores essential flora in intestines where 80% of the immune system resides. .. helps keep candida yeast in check. Easy to swallow.. is the size of a pearl…encapsulated probiotics are protected from stomach acids.
NutriFeron- A clinical study from Cornell Medical School proves its
effectiveness against flu viruses…stimulates body to produce interferon, critical to triggering immune response to germs and possibly cancer cells, according to Dr Sandra Bevacqua.
Defend & Resist Complex- Echinacea plus herbs that increase activity of white bloods cells to gobble up viruses and bacteria. Works best when taken at onset of a virus or cold … 2 to 6 a day works well. Can be sucked like a lozenge. Also contains zinc.
Alfalfa Complex- natural decongestant; easily crushed and stirred into juice in sippy cups…excellent for children reluctant to eat vegetables.. also a natural deodorizer, quelling the cause of bad breath. Popular with people with arthritis and allergies.